|Subtype||(Genie, Earth, Extraplanar)|
|Vision||Dark vision 60ft.|
|Location||Elemental Plane of Earth|
Genies appear as humanoids with bodies that have external physical characteristics that evoke their elemental nature, though some varieties are capable of shape-shifting into another form. They form their own distinctive societies in their native planes. Because they have powerful supernatural or magical abilities, genies are sometimes called upon or summoned by spellcasters to grant wishes or perform services for them. The individual varieties have differing attitudes towards humanoid races native to the Material Plane.
Dao are the genies of the elemental plane of earth. Their politics and internal wars are ruthless, and a fair number of them end up running off to other planes as adventurers to get away from it.
- Medium Size
- 20' base land speed
- Outsider Type, Extraplanar and Earth subtypes
- Outsider Traits: Darkvision 60' and Low-light vision, no need to eat or sleep
- +6 Natural Armor bonus to AC. Dao skin is hard as the rocks they come from.
- Two slam natural weapons for 1d6 damage at medium size
- Push as an Earth Elemental
- +4 Strength, +2 Charisma: Dao Genies are enormously strong, and possess the same natural charisma as all genies do.
- Minimum Level: 8
- Favored Classes: Genie and Elemental Brute
- Automatic Languages: Terran and Common. Bonus languages: Abyssal, Auran, Aquan, Celestial, Draconic, Dwarven, Ignan, Infernal, Umbral, and Undercommon
Most dao are either classed Genies or start with eight outsider hit dice. In the latter case, they gain Earth Mastery as a classed genie and access to the spell-like abilities Detect good, Detect magic, Gaseous form, Invisibility, Human form, and Misdirection at-will and can use Move earth, Permanent image, Transmute rock to mud, and Wall of stone three times per day each, at a caster level equal to the dao's hit dice. They may also Plane shift at will to the elemental planes and material plane and communicate telepathically to any creature within 100 feet that has a language. Those with outsider hit dice also always take the Large Size feat.