|Subtype||(Genie, shadow, Extraplanar)|
|Vision||Dark vision 60ft.|
|Location||Plane of Shadow|
Khayal are the secretive genies of the Plane of Shadow. They have a plane-spanning empire of conspiracies, involved in machinations against the other genies, especially the Jann.
Khayal as charactersEdit
- Medium Size. Unlike other genies, most Khayal do not take the Large Size feat, although nothing says they can't.
- 30' base land speed
- 40' fly speed (Perfect maneverability)
- Outsider Type, Extraplanar subtype
- Outsider Traits: Darkvision 60' and Low-light vision, no need to eat or sleep.
- Shadow Dependence: A Khayal can spend 24 hours at a time off the Plane of Shadow without consequence. Afterwards it takes 2 Con damage per hour it spends off-plane. This damage can only be restored on the Plane of Shadow.
- +2 Natural Armor bonus to AC.
- +4 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +2 Charisma: Khayal are astoundingly nimble and tough, and have the natural charisma of all genies* Minimum Level: 7
- Favored Classes: Genie and Shadowcaster
- Automatic Languages: Umbral and Common. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Celestial, Draconic, Giant, Ignan, Infernal, and Terran
Most Khayal are either classed Genies or start with eight outsider hit dice. If they take the Outsider hit dice, they gain the ability to cast Shadow walk at will when on the Material or Shadow planes, and Darkness at will with a caster level equal to the Khayal's hit dice. They are also immune to Cold and have Resistance 5 to Acid, Electricity, Fire, and Sonic damage, and gain Sneak Attack +3d6 as a Rogue.